USS Barney DDG 6
1967 Cruise Book CD
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations.
A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Barney cruise book the WestPac Cruise. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed.
Some of the items in the Book:
- Panama Transit
- Midway/Pearl Harbor
- Subic Bay
- Yankee Station
- Combat Operations
- Underway Replenishments
- Pearl Harbor/Midway/Guam
- Hong Kong
- San Francisco/Acapulco
- Individual Crew Photos with Name and Rank
The CD includes 96 pages of pictures of its crew and ports of call.
- Six-minute audio recording of "Sounds of Boot Camp" during the late 50's early 60's.
- Detailed Ships log entries from the National Archives showing dates, ports and ships in the vicinity.
- Personal Equator Crossing photos.
- Personal photos of the day ship returned to Norfolk.
- 22-minute audio of the "equator crossing" of the Allen M Sumner within 3 days of the Barney's crossing.
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
Why a CD instead of a hard copy book?
- The pictures will not be degraded over time.
- Self-contained CD no software to load.
- Thumbnails, table of contents and index for easy viewing reference.
- View as a digital flip book or watch a slide show. (You set the timing options)
- Background patriotic music and Navy sounds can be turned on or off.
- Viewing options are described in the help section.
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
- The quality on your screen may be better than a hard copy with the ability to magnify any page.
- Full page viewing slide show that you control with arrow keys or mouse.
- Designed to work on a Microsoft platform. (Not Apple or Mac) Will work with Windows 98 or above.
Personal Comment from "Navyboy63"
The cruise book CD is a great inexpensive way of preserving historical family heritage for yourself, children or grandchildren especially if you or a loved one has served aboard the ship.
If your loved one is still with us, they might consider this to be a priceless gift. Statistics show that only 25-35% of sailors purchased their own cruise book. Many probably wished they would have. If you have any questions, please send us an E-mail prior to purchasing.