USS Alabama BB 60
World War II Cruise Book
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations.
A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing an exact copy of the USS Alabama cruise book during World War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- War Diary
- Panama Locks
- Fiji Islands
- Waikiki Beach
- Battle Action Pictures
- Award Ceremonies
- Inspections and Recreation
- Many Crew Shipboard Activity Pictures
- Group Pictures with names all Divisions.
Over 213 pictures and the Alabama story on 127 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this Battleship during World War II.
- Six-minute audio recording of "Sounds of Boot Camp" during the late 50's early 60's.
- Many Hi-Resolution images of the World War II Memorial in Washington DC.
- Additional images of the USS Alabama from the National Archives taken during the World War II era.
Why a CD instead of a hard copy book?
- The pictures will not be degraded over time.
- Self-contained CD no software to load.
- Thumbnails, table of contents and index for easy viewing reference.
- View as a digital flip book or watch a slide show. (You set the timing options)
- Background patriotic music and Navy sounds can be turned on or off.
- Viewing options are described in the help section.
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
- The quality on your screen may be better than a hard copy with the ability to magnify any page.
- Full page viewing slide show that you control with arrow keys or mouse.
- Designed to work on a Microsoft platform. (Not Apple or Mac) Will work with Windows 98 or above.
Personal Comment from "Navyboy63"
If your loved one is still with us, they might consider this to be a priceless gift. Statistics show that only 25-35% of sailors purchased their own cruise book. Many probably wished they would have. It's a nice way to show them that you care about their past and appreciate the sacrifice they and many others made for you and the FREEDOM of our country.
If you have any questions, please send us an E-mail prior to purchasing.