USS Cape Gloucester CVE 109
World War II 1945 Cruise Book
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations
A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing the USS Cape Gloucester CVE 109 cruise book during World War II. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label. The original book had a little water damage, but each page was restored. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
Commissioning the Ship March 1945.
Maiden Cruise Chart.
Ports of Call: Puget Sound, San Diego, Pearl Harbor, East China Sea, Okinawa. Nagasaki and Sasebo.
Sports and Recreation.
Divisional Photos with Names.
Crew Roster with names and Hometown.
Many Crew Activity Photos
- 22 Minute Audio "American Radio Mobilizes the Homefront" WWII (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio "Allied Turncoats Broadcast for the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC