USS Kearsarge CVA 33
1957 - 1958 Far East Cruise Book
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations
A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing the USS Kearsarge CVA 33 cruise book in 1957 - 1958. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the headlines in this book are as follows:
- Ports of call include Hawaii, Guam, Japan, Philippines and Hong Kong
- Brief History of the Ship
- Air Task Group 3
- Flight Operations
- Divisional Group Photos with Names
- Many crew activity Photos
- Plus, much more
Over 692 Photos on 276 pages.
Once you view this CD you will know what life was like on this aircraft carrier at this time.
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Several "Official Navy Photos" from the National Archives
- Other Interesting Items Include:25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
Why a CD instead of a hard copy book?
- The pictures will not be degraded over time.
- Self-contained CD no software to load.
- Thumbnails, table of contents and index for easy viewing reference.
- View as a digital flip book or watch a slide show. (You set the timing options)
- Background patriotic music and Navy sounds can be turned on or off.
- Viewing options are described in the help section.
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
- The quality on your screen may be better than a hard copy with the ability to magnify any page.
- Full page viewing slide show that you control with arrow keys or mouse.
- Designed to work on a Microsoft platform. (Not Apple or Mac) Will work with Windows 98 or above. If you want a mac version you have to notify us immediately after purchase.
Personal Comment from "Navyboy63"
The cruise book CD is a great inexpensive way of preserving historical family heritage for yourself, children or grandchildren especially if you or a loved one has served aboard the ship. It is a way to get connected with the past especially if you no longer have the human connection.
If your loved one is still with us, they might consider this to be a priceless gift. Statistics show that only 25-35% of sailors purchased their own cruise book. Many probably wished they would have. It's a nice way to show them that you care about their past and appreciate the sacrifice they and many others made for you and the FREEDOM of our country. Would also be great for school research projects or just self interest in World War II documentation.
We never knew what life was like for a sailor in World War II until we started taking an interest in these great books. We found pictures which we never knew existed of a relative who served on the USS Essex CV 9 during World War II. He passed away at a very young age and we never got a chance to hear many of his stories. Somehow by viewing his cruise book which we never saw until recently has reconnected the family with his legacy and Naval heritage. Even if we did not find the pictures in the cruise book it was a great way to see what life was like for him. We now consider these to be family treasures. His children, grandchildren and great grandchildren can always be connected to him in some small way which they can be proud of. This is what motivates and drives us to do the research and development of these great cruise books. I hope you can experience the same thing for your family.
If you have any questions, please send us an E-mail prior to purchasing.
Thanks for your Interest!
This CD is for your personal use only.
Copyright © Great Naval Images LLC. All rights reserved.